Monday, September 22, 2008

Sorry

Lots of inactivity around here. Which does not mean that I haven't been keeping up-- I'm just flabbergasted. Economics are not my forte, and I've been scrambling trying to figure out what the heck is going on. I still haven't gotten it figured out, although I am a fan of leaving what McCain has been calling the "moral hazard" intact-- that if your company fails, you've, well, failed, and I should NOT have to bail you out. I understand that a couple of these companies were so big and enmeshed that not bailing them out could have been catastrophic-- but for pity's sake, we've just added, what, $700 BILLION to the national debt?!? C'mon, folks.

On top of that, I've seen several hard-core feminists telling me that I'm not a real woman. Or at least, Sarah Palin isn't because she thinks abortion is wrong-- ergo, I'm not a real woman either because I agree with her (I'm less extreme than Palin-- I think that abortion should be an option in cases of rape or incest, even if I would never do it). Apparently, the status of womanhood is not determined by chromosomes or even anatomy. It is determined by whether or not someone wishing to be designated "woman" agrees with the chianti-sipping, free-loving, abortion extremists in New York.

Peachy.

And, even better, the hard-core feminists will never get called on it in the MSM. Just in the pages of conservative blogs and mags, which are oh-so convenient to ignore. The HCFs (hard-core feminists takes too long to type) are supposed to be all about choice-- so how come I don't get to choose to think for myself? According to the, I'm only a "real" woman if I agree with them. They've thought this as long as I can remember, but this the first time I remember them actually saying it.

How repulsive can they get?

1 comment:

Shelly said...

another day in paradise eh. Feeling a little cynical myself these days.